Tuesday 6 August 2013

14 Hours To Go

 
 
Packing done, well just about. Goodbyes said, unless the phone rings again.  Checked in for my first flight.  As you can see from the photo I'm chilling out with friends, sharing a bottle of wine.
 
Many thanks to everyone for their good wishes and very kind gifts which will make my stay in South Sudan much more comfortable. 
 
Big adventure starting tomorrow.  I plan to meet Liz, who is going to Wau with me, in Edinburgh Airport tomorrow.  We will meet Holly, who is going to Yei, in Heathrow at the champagne bar before our second flight.  So its goodbye to Tesco, a comfortable car, flushing toilets and broadband and hello to a new and developing country where everything will be different, challenging and exciting.
 
Hope to hear from you via the blog.  As soon as I get a mobile number in South Sudan I'll let John know so if you want to text me he will be able to give you my number.  A week in politics is a long time but a year in South Sudan will fly by.  Keep in touch, see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment